Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Family Tree for Christmas

Hi and Merry Christmas!  God is so good!!  For unto us this day a Savior was born!  Well, the actual date is debatable.  I've heard it was really March and I've heard it was May.  But whatever, He came and died for us! And for that I'm exceedingly grateful, humbled and in awe.
Today I have nine people in my home and its lovely to have everyone here.  We found a new favorite family game to play: Telestrations--the telephone game sketched out.  Its fabulously funny.  I have laughed so hard tears streamed down my face.  My sis in law showed my how to start my family tree.  I've found my 5 times back great grandfather and grandmother on my mother's father's side and my 3 times back grandfather and grandmother on my mother's mother's side.  I'm going to tackle my dad's side next.  Its so exciting to see the records and old photos that others in the line have posted.  I saw my great 3 times back grandfather's registry for the civil war.  All my relatives on my mother's side were from the midwest, mainly Missouri.  On my grandmother's side (she was a red head like me) her great grandmother's maiden name was Bellagh which was changed to Bellah somewhere along the way.  Very Irish name.  This is so much fun!
Well, better go help with dinner prep.  Love to you all and May you be blessed this year.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. We had a nice quiet day. Reading, cooking, watching movies. I wish all of our readers a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun. I had a good day, cooked roast lamb then visited the neighbours and had some plum pudding and watched the dvd Brave with them. it was a good.
    its now boxing day here and im watching cricket.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive