Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday Sisterhood with Carolyne Aarsen




Family Status:_______Happily married__________________ 
What Is Your Favorite Beverage: ____Earl Grey Steamer___________________
What Is Your Favorite Food: ___Greek yogurt with Granola and Blackberries - that makes me sound like I always make healthy food choices, which isn't always true, but I do love the stuff.
What Is Your Favorite Thing to do During Free Time: ______Watch Netflix and knit/make cards/read/exercise - I don't like to do any one thing - I like to mix it up
Who Has Been the Most Influential Person in Your Life: ______My husband - he's been an example and an inspiration__________

First Book You Fell in Love With: ________Little Women________________________
A Book You Wish You’d Written: __________The Moonflower Vine, still one of the best books I've ever read_______________________
First Book Published: __Homecoming______________________________
Most Recent Book: ________A Father's Promise______________________________
Out Next: _______________A Father in the Making_____________________________
How Many Have You Written: ______________47______________________ 
What Do You Know Now That You Wish You’d Known Then: ____Take care of your body, exercise, be faithful with the time given and don't fritter it away watching dog videos on you-tube___

What is Your Favorite Bible Story: __________Joseph - I love the whole rising-above-adversity parts._______________________
What is Your Favorite Hymn: ____Oh Lord of Hosts How Lovely - based on Psalm 84 - I am drawn to the yearning in the song and the plaintive tune______________ 
What is an Ongoing Prayer Request You Have: ________For contentment in my life both for myself and my family_______________

18 comments:

  1. Carolyne, I love Earl Grey tea, but don't know what a steamer is. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--but I love those dog videos on you-tube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyne, I'm a tea junkie. I have to confess, though, I don't even know what an Earl Grey Steamer is. Does it have something to do with steamed milk?

    Loved learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyne,
    I've not heard of the book The Moonflower Vine... What's it about. I, too, loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Louse, a steamer is essentially hot milk, some water and Early Grey tea. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret - I love the dog videos too. Have you seen the one about the two dogs in a diner. If I'm feeling grumpy, I watch that one. Makes me laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela,
    You HAVE to read the Moonflower Vine. It's an older book, but so wonderfully written about three sisters and their relationship with their parents. It sounds very blah that way, but so rich in character and nuance and setting. I love it so much I have two copies. One for lending and one for keeping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carolyne, I love Greek yogurt and granola, too. And I don't always make healthy choices either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really great, I'm so glad to learn more about you. I love tea, too, and before I was off dairy, I loved Earl Grey steamers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to get to know a bit more about you, Carolyne!

    Oh my goodness! You've written 47 books! Be still my heart. Congrats!!!

    Love your comment about taking care of your body. So easy to forget exercise when we're under a deadline. I'm committed to getting back to my daily walks, which I've ignored during the winter cold.

    Grabbing a cup of tea and lifting it in your honor!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! Love getting to know Carolyne!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carolyne, I'm cracking up at your dog videos on YouTube! LOL

    I get sucked into lots of cute animal videos and photos on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carolyne, it's great to get to know you better. I haven't read Moonflower Vine either...gonna have to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another tea drinker. All right. I tried and tried to drink coffee, but the aftertaste I could never get over.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Carolyn -- While it's not my favorite food, I've been eating Greek yogurt and granola the past couple of weeks.

    I'm learning forward to learning more about all the Craftie Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Earl Grey tea, too--never had a steamer, but may have to try it. Great getting to know you better Carolyne!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very interesting! You still sound so healthy and 'got it together'!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Carolyne! How fun to "meet" you. 47 books is impressive! I love Earl Grey tea, too, though I've never been able to take my tea any way but black.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive