Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Agent's Secret Past Interview

Today we’re welcoming Becca Miller, the heroine of THE AGENT’S SECRET PAST, by Debby Giusti, a March Love Inspired Suspense. Wow, you’ve just had quite an adventure.

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.

I’m a special agent with the US Army Criminal Investigation Division. For the last eight years, I’ve been stationed out of the country with deployments to the Middle East, Korea and Germany. Two weeks before the story begins, I arrived at Fort Rickman, Georgia, for my new assignment. I grew up in an Amish community in Alabama and never thought the past would catch up to me, but it did.

2. So, during the book you met Special Agent Colby Voss. Tell us a bit about him. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?

Colby was one of the first people I met when I started my new job, but he was all business, and I wasn’t interested in getting involved with anyone, especially another special agent with whom I worked. After the explosion, Colby was like my guardian angel, although I didn’t want him underfoot at first. When I had to confront the past, Colby was at my side. His support through it all touched my heart and proved to me how special he was.

3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I’m a military warrant officer and a dedicated special agent who investigates crime and works hard to keep our military and their family members safe. My weakness? Caring too much and sometimes responding with my heart instead of my head.

4. What scares you?

Losing Colby. Although I know God listens to my prayers for his safety.

5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would have confronted Jacob eight years ago instead of running away.

6. Where were you in your faith at the start of your story?

Foolishly, I had closed the Lord out of my life.

7.Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

Thank goodness, I came to my senses and realized I needed God. He’s the center of my life now, along with Colby.

8.You’ve got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.” Luke 9:23-24

My dad groused about his plight in life and always thought he carried a heavier cross than others had to bear. He never invited the Lord into his heart to help carry the load. I was like that for awhile until I realized the Lord was walking with me even in the darkness.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

My mother used to make tapioca pudding when I was a girl. I loved to eat it warm, and it’s still my favorite dessert. Although it sounds strange, I’d be a bowl of tapioca pudding so I could bring enjoyment to others.

2 comments:

  1. Becca -- Love that you'd be tapioca pudding. My mother used to make it for us, too, for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother always made tapioca pudding and I ate it warm. YUM! I should make it for my family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive