Saturday, May 30, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Second Chance Hero by Winnie Griggs



Winning the Widow's Heart 

To help his dying sister, Nate Cooper once broke the law—and he's regretted it ever since. Now the ex-con turned saddler hopes for a new beginning in Turnabout, Texas. So when Nate saves a young widow's daughter from imminent harm, he's shocked to be called a hero. 

Single mom Verity Leggett leads a safe life, avoiding danger and excitement at all costs. But her daughter's rescuer Mr. Cooper seems like a perfectly responsible—and handsome—man she can rely on. But when his secrets come to light, will Verity be able to get over his past and see Nate for the caring man he's become? 

Texas Grooms: In search of their brides… 


INTERVIEW:
How exciting to have Verity Leggett, heroine from Second Chance Hero, a Love Inspired Historical May 2015 release, written by Winnie Griggs.

1. Verity, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Well, let’s see, I’m a widow with a five year old daughter, named Joy.  She’s aptly named as she’s the joy of my life.  As for something interesting, I was raised by my uncle who’s a doctor and my former husband was also a doctor.  It’s only natural that I picked up some medical skills of m own.  I now serve as assistant to my uncle whenever he needs held in his medical practice.

2.  What do you do for fun?
I make hats.  I know that might sound a bit frivolous, but I love to work with colorful, fanciful materials and create beautiful, one-of-a-kind hats.  And I’m good at it, if I do say so myself.  My friend Hazel sells them for me in her dress shop and they never linger there long before someone purchases them.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
I don’t believe in putting things off, especially those things that you dread. 

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
Losing my daughter.

5.  What do you want out of life?
I dearly love my aunt and uncle, but I don’t like having to live off of their charity.  I’d like to find a way to build an independent life for myself and my daughter.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
The question is ‘who’ not ‘what’ and that would be my daughter Joy.  I’d do anything to keep her safe.

7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d like to be more confident and less timid.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I don’t have any pets, mostly because I live in my aunt and uncle’s home and feel it would be an imposition.  But Joy loves animals and can’t pass one by without wanting to play with it.  Someday, when we have our own place, I’ll get her a pet of her own.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
William McKinley was inaugurated as the 25th President of the United States just last month.  I hear that Mr. Thomas Edison’s new-fangled motion picture camera captured the whole thing and that he even recorded the address with his gramophone.


10 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. Would like to win a copy. Buying budget is low this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story idea. Sounds awesome. I'd love to see JOY get a pet of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verity is an interesting name. How did you come by that name?
    I share in Verity's fear about not wanting anything bad to happen to her daughter Joy.
    Sounds like another great book by Winnie! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I can't tell you exactly where the names of my characters come from, only that I spend a lot of time figuring out their names and I can't move forward with the story until I have them just right. Verity first showed up as a secondary character in Her Holiday Family and I knew I wanted to give her a 'virtue' name, but not the normal ones like Hope, Faith, Prudence, etc. I finally landed on Verity one day and knew immediately that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Griggs, I love all your stories, I love the humor you use so often. I really enjoy your Texas series's. I also want to say thanks to and all the other Love Inspired authors who give wonderful sweet stories with spiritual inspiration and instructions you all have touched my life deeply. Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Amy Tyner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Verity sounds like an interesting character. I love that she fiercely loves her daughter and its wonderful that she enjoys making hats. It seems like she needs to grow in her self confidence.
    marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlyn, Nancy, Jennifer, Amy and Maryann I'm feeling in a particularly good mood this evening and I'd like to send each of you a book. Just e-mail me with your mailing address and I'll get the book right out to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun sounding book! Verity Leggett is a wonderful name and I love that she makes hats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love character interviews, Winnie!! They are very fun and give you a different spin on the perspective! Verity certainly sounds like a woman after my own heart, fiercely independent and would do anything for her family (daughter in this case). It must have been such a hardship to lose her husband, especially in those times. And I also love second chance stories such as with Nate. He knows he made mistakes and wants to make up for them! And I love the name of the town....Turnabout, TX :-) Sounds like God's gonna do a lot of turning around peoples lives! Thanks for the wonderful post about a great sounding book! I agree with everyone else, I do love that cover!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive