Thursday, May 14, 2015

Why I Write for Love Inspired

Lisa Jordan here and today is my debut post on the Craftie Ladies of Love Inspired blog, so I decided to share why I had to write for Love Inspired.

As a happily-ever-after girl from the time I had read First Love romances by Silhouette (anyone remember those?) as a teenager, I knew I wanted to write novels that promise hope & happily ever after.

After I rededicated my life to Christ as an adult, I prayed and asked for quality Christian fiction romance novels. If I was going to live my life for Him, I wanted what I read to reflect that.

Six months later, the Love Inspired romance line debuted. For years, I bought four novels each month and read them over and over. I still have the original novels in my attic. I love how God answered that prayer specifically for me.

When I became serious about my writing, I knew my first novel needed to be published by Love Inspired. Had to. No other option. I wanted to write for a publisher whose novels shaped my faith, my worldview, and my passion for reading quality fiction. Reading those veteran authors’ novels helped shape my writing style and the way I can share my message of faith with readers who may never step inside a church or pick up a Bible.

I signed with Rachelle Gardner in March 2010, and I shared my desire to publish with Love Inspired. She worked with me to make it happen. On January 7, 2011, at 3 p.m., I received a call from Rachelle that changed my life—Melissa Endlich from Love Inspired had offered a contract for my first novel. Oh, happy day!

Working with Melissa has been such an incredible adventure. I adore her. I admire her. I learn from her. She understands what the Love Inspired readers want, and she knows how to help me to strengthen my novels so they reflect my voice, my faith, and still resonate with the Love Inspired readership. Yesterday, I signed a contract for my fifth and sixth Love Inspired novels. It’s an incredible honor and privilege to be living my dream.

Your Turn: What or who has influenced your dreams? How are you living your dream?

9 comments:

  1. So it's you and your prayers we should thank for the creation of the Love Inspired line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story. It's so uplifting and inspirational to see the Lord at work. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first discovered Heartsongs and just like you, I wanted to switch to christian fiction reading and eventual writing.
    Then I discovered Love Inspired and this very precious blog. I realized my dream is possible.

    All of you here have encouraged me most especially, Lenora Worth. She has been encouraging me in this venture. Many thanks to her.

    But, Lisa, I desire to have an editor who can train me and link me up like you were favoured to have.
    Writing has not advanced this much in my country, which is why I look outwards.

    Thanks for sharing. Nice weekend to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the new contract! Such a thrill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Lisa! So glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new contract, Lisa! I'm so happy for you.

    I remember sitting at your table at the ACFW Awards Banquet in 2012 and watching the shock that overtook you when you won a Carol Award for your debut Love Inspired. What a moment that was! I clapped so hard for you my palms stung.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa,
    We're sooooo glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new contract, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely post, Lisa. Congrats on the new contract.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive