Saturday, May 2, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: Duty Bound Guardian by Terri Reed



FRAMED 

When a priceless artifact is stolen, museum curator Lana Gomez becomes the prime suspect. How can she hope to adopt her orphaned nephew if she's a person of interest in a crime? Cooperating with Capitol K-9 Unit officer Adam Donovan doesn't get her very far—the handsome cop thinks she's hiding something. But when the real thief returns set on silencing Lana, it is Adam and his Doberman pinscher, Ace, who become her only defense against a madman who wants nothing more than to see Lana eliminated. 

Capitol K-9 Unit: These lawmen solve the toughest cases with the help of their brave canine partners. 


Interview
Today we're welcoming Lana Gomez the heroine of DUTY BOUND GUARDIAN, written by TERRI REED an April release by Love Inspired Suspense.  

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.    Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.


Hi, I’m Lana. I’m a curator for a small museum in Washington DC. It’s my dream job and I was so excited when my boss left me in charge of a new exhibit. But then a thief stole a rare artifact and framed me for the theft.



2.    So, during the book you met Adam Donovan.  Tell us a bit about him.  Adam is an officer with the Capitol K-9 Unit. He has a beautiful Doberman pinscher named Ace as his canine partner.




What was your first impression? I saw the suspicion in Adam's eyes and thought there was no way he’d ever believe I was innocent. 

When did you know it was love? Wow, that’s a tough question. It could have been the many times he saved my life, the way he was so tender and loving with his nieces or they way he encouraged me to fight for my nephew.
   
3.    What strengths/skills do you have? My determination to overcome my past is my greatest strength. What is your greatest weakness?  My fear of being hurt keeps me from letting myself become attached to anyone.

4.    What scares you? Losing the people I love.
     
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be more open with people. I’ve realized that isolation doesn’t keep me from being hurt.


6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? Its weak. I’m afraid to trust Him. Little wonder that I had trouble trusting Adam.
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story? Stronger. Through Adam I’ve learned to trust not only in myself and in Adam but in God as well.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.  
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. —2 Timothy 1:7

This verse reminds me that fear isn’t from God. I’ve lived too much of my life in fear.


9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Lemon tart with adorned with a raspberry. Because I love lemon anything and love and raspberry together are the best.




2 comments:

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive