Saturday, December 26, 2015

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW: The Holiday Courtship by Winnie Griggs


A Wife by Christmas 
As Christmas approaches, Hank Chandler is determined to find a wife to mother his sister's orphaned children. When schoolteacher Janell Whitman offers to help him with his niece and nephew, she seems to be the perfect match—but she won't accept his proposal. Instead, she insists she'll find him another bride before the holidays. 
Janell moved to Turnabout, Texas, to put her past behind her and focus on her future—one that doesn't include marriage. But while she plays matchmaker and cares for Hank's children, she loses her heart to the two youngsters…and their adoptive father. If Janell reveals her secrets to Hank, will he still want her to be his Christmas bride?

Interview:
How exciting to have Janell Whitman, the heroine from Winnie Griggs’ The Holiday Courtship, a December 2015 release from Love Inspired Historical.

1.  Janell, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
Well, I’m a schoolteacher for one thing. And, because my little sister went deaf when she turned eighteen, I know sign language.

2.  What do you do for fun?
I’m a member of the church choir – I love to sing.

3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
The only thing I dread enough to put it off, is telling everyone in Turnabout about my Big Lie.

4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
People finding out the scandal I ran away from home to get away from, and that I will lose my teaching job as a result.

5.  What do you want out of life?
To have a family of my own. Unfortunately that’s not possible for me. So I make do with taking care of other people’s children.

6.  What is the most important thing to you?
Family


7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I would go back and undo the horrible mistake I made when I was nineteen.

8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Unfortunately, I don’t but I love animals. Chloe, the little girl I’m helping to deal with her deafness, has a cat and so I get to vicariously have a pet through her.

9. Can you tell us a little interesting tidbit about the time period you live in?
Lots of interesting things happened in 1897. In April this year, the Boston Marathon was held with 15 runners.  I understand it will become annual event.  And just this past September the Klondike Gold Rush kicked off.


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great read. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the character interviews I've been reading here lately! This book is already on my want-to-read list....it sounds like it has some interesting twists & turns. I'd love to find out for myself what Janelle is hiding in her past. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive