Monday, November 16, 2009

His Cowgirl Bride on shelves now!



It's me, Debra Clopton! I hope everyone is doing well. I am but as always when it is time for me to post a blog I'm on deadline crunch and worrying about what to talk about. So I decided to talk about a few things that are on my mind.

First my book that's on the shelves right now, HIS COWGIRL BRIDE it received a Top Pick 4 1/2 stars from Romantic Times review magazine. I was thrilled. It is a fun book. This is the book that I got the idea for two years ago when I was driving cross country from Texas to Arizona and I saw a Pumpkin Chunking Contest going on. That's where people have built all kinds of machines that will shoot, toss or fling a pumpkin across a field. There was a cannon type gun thingy out there with a long, long barrel on it that was in action as I was driving by. Seeing this going on gave me the idea to have my Mule Hollow Characters have a contest. I could just see Applegate and Stanley competing against Norma Sue and Ester Mae. It was a very fun book to write. I hope you'll grab a copy and come spend time with me and the gang in Mule Hollow. A blurb about the book is here on the sidebar or over at my sight http://debraclopton.blogspot.com/

Then take a good look at this picture. I love it. I think the art department is doing a great job on covers. This one really does convey my story--I think. And my mother and several readers think from the side view like this that this looks like me! What do you think?

And then last, did y'all catch the CMA awards the other night? I caught the last of it and Taylor Swift won everything I saw. She is really doing great--and though I get a tad tired of hearing her sing almost every third song on the radio :) I do like the fact that she sings, and creates songs straight from her heart and is connecting with a group of young listeners in a very positive way. I may be rambling now, since I haven't had just a whole lot of sleep over the weekend (deadline--I love them) I'm always thrilled when I see good role models out there--goodness we need them. When I create characters I like to create strong, characters who could be good role models for all of us. Tacy Jones, my heroine of His Cowgirl Bride is strong, determined and willing to work hard for her dreams. I don't know if this picture looks like me or not but I know that I have this in common with Tacy. I wrote for 13 years while raising a family and running my business. I felt like God had given me a talent that I needed to use and in His timing I was able to sell my first book and now, looking back, I am amazed at what He is doing in my life with my books. He is an awesome God. I love, love, love when readers write me and tell me that I was able to help them in some way, just to escape and laugh, or with a problem that my book is written around that hits home with something in their life. I write my books straight from my heart and pray that you will be blessed in some way by what I've written. Okay, now I have to get back to the book I'm working on right now, can't wait, I'm writing the end and I love that part when everything comes together!

10 comments:

  1. I just got this book. Haven't had time to read it yet.
    tarenn98[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cover! She does look like you. :-)

    worthy2bpraised[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading this book, Debra! Love that cover!! :)
    Blessings from Georgia, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. April I hope you enjoy Her Forever Cowboy when you get to read it! Thanks for the post and for buying the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry, I love the cover too! It is perfect for the book. LOL on the looking like the cover--thanks :)maybe i should dye my hair red!
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pattie Jo,
    I hope you enjoy it too! Y'all should check out my Jan book cover Her Forever Cowboy--its the first book in my Men Of Mule Hollow series its cute too--or maybe I should say handsome they gave me a darling cowboy on the cover and did another wonderful job. Check it out in the coming soon section of my website debraclopton.com
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, you always have the cutest covers! And of course, your stories are great. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Lenora! I've liked them:) Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your stories! I own all but one that I somehow missed...plus this one, but I'm planning on getting it soon.
    The cover is great, by the way. I am one who sometimes, more often than I should, judges a book by its cover--and the back summary.
    Very pretty, though!

    clp1777(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, that DOES look like you on the cover!! Come on and admit you sent your picture for the art fact sheet. ;)

    Beautiful cover! And congrats on the RT Top Pick!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive