Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Man To Trust Interview

How exciting to have Adrienne Chandler, the heroine from A Man To Trust, written by Carrie Turansky, a March 2012 release from Love Inspired Romance.

1. Adrienne Chandler, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

My parents are missionaries in Kenya, and I was raised there. I don’t usually tell people that because they ask me crazy questions like, “Did you live in a grass hut?” Or, “Are the people there really cannibals?” I get tired of that, so we have to be good friends before I share that part of my past. The other thing that’s interesting about me is that I’ve played the flute since I was eight, and I hope to play with a symphony orchestra sometime soon. I had to put that dream on hold while I helped my grandmother manager her Christian bookstore. But I’m training a new manager, Ross Peterson, so I hope to find and open position and audition soon. Say a prayer for me!

2. What do you do for fun?

I work full-time at Bayside Books, and I spend time practicing my flute each day. But I do enjoy going out to dinner, movies and concerts with friends. I also like to shop in downtown Fairhaven, Washington. That’s the lovely historic section of Bellingham. All the shops are locally own and very unique. I love living in Fairhaven.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I put off calling my parents in Kenya, even though I know I should call them more often. Sometimes it’s just too painful because it reminds me that we are oceans apart. It’s easier to exchange emails and not have to hear their voices. I came to the US to attend college over six years ago, but I still miss them very much. Isn’t that weird. You’d think since I miss them I’d want to call, but I put it off and try not to think about how homesick that makes me feel.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I suppose I’m most afraid that after all the time and effort I’ve put into developing my skills as a flutist I won’t be good enough to secure a position with a symphony orchestra. What will I do then? Who will I be if I don’t play professionally?

5. What do you want out of life?

I’d like to live a meaningful life, one that pleases God and helps others. And I’d like to find a man who is truly worthy of my trust and love to share that life with me.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

I used to think the most important thing in life was pursuing my music career, but I’ve discovered that my relationships with my friends, family, and Ross, mean more to me than my music. Not that my music isn’t important, it is. But it’s a gift from God that He’s given to me to enjoy and share with others. My relationship with Him is becoming more important too, and that’s bringing a lot of peace and joy to my heart.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

Yes! My grandparents opened Bayside Books over twenty years ago. Since my grandfather died, I’ve helped my grandmother manage the store. I love Christian fiction, especially historical romance, women’s fiction, and contemporary romance.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wish I had more courage so I could let go of the past and not be afraid to try new things in the future. That would also help me have more confidence to reach out to others and use my gifts in new ways.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I don’t have a pet now, but when I was younger I had several soft and loveable bunnies. They make great pets and are sweet and cuddly.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I would go back to my high school days when I lived in Kenya. I’d take Ross with me so he could see Africa, meet my family, enjoy the beautiful people and the amazing wildlife, and hike through the Rift Valley with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive