Sunday, February 17, 2013

Final Resort Interview



Today we're welcoming Ava Stanton, the heroine of Final Resort, written by Dana Mentink, a February release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   
1.    Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense. Whisper Mountain was our family ski resort until my mother died and it all started to slip away. I came home to sell the property when my uncle told me he found a way to save Whisper and us, some priceless treasure that he’d got in a bid on an unused storage space and squirreled away somewhere at the resort. I didn’t believe him, until he was abducted right in front of me.

2.  So, during the book you met Luca Gage.  Tell us a bit about him.  What was your first impression?  When did you know it was love? I already knew Luca. He was my teen crush. We met when his family came to stay at our resort during our high school years. Luca is from a different world, a wealthy family, siblings who love and support him. We have nothing in common and that’s what I kept telling him, and trying to tell myself, but Luca didn’t pay any attention to my objections. He’s like that.   
3.  What strengths/skills do you have?  What is your greatest weakness?      I’m independent (Luca would say stubborn)which is both a strength and weakness. Trusting people is hard for me because of leftover scars from losing my mother.  
4.  What scares you? Nothing that I’ll admit to. Does that make me stubborn or stoic?  
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d be more open to others.
6.  Where are you in your faith at the start of your story? It’s at the bottom of the lake where my mother drowned.
7.  Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?  I picture myself rising up through fathoms of cold water, rising towards the person that God made me to be, desires me to be. I’m not there yet, but I’m beginning to feel the warmth on my face as I get closer and closer to Him.
8. You've got a scripture at the beginning of the story.  Tell us why this scripture is significant.     “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding the one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had, and bought it.” We’re all chasing something, for my uncle it was treasure, and for me? I’ve got plenty of things that I put between myself and God.

9. If you could be a dessert what would you be and why? A candy bar because you can take it with you to the top of a snow topped mountain and eat it there. Candy for your mouth while you take in the eye candy God made for all of us to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive