Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Allie Pleiter gets BUSY!

Or is it that I stay busy?  Because, really, when am I NOT busy?

Whatever the case, I’ve got lots going on this month—no April fooling!

First, I’m excited to have released my first non-fiction in many years, a book that has been requested for as long as I have been teaching “The Chunky Method of Time Management for Writers.”  THE CHUNKY METHOD HANDBOOK:  Your Step-By-Step Plan to WRITE THAT BOOK Even When Life Gets in the Way has been a project of mine for many years.  I have always been fascinated with productivity, especially how it applies to creative fields like writing.  Over the course of my career I’ve developed a practical system for getting words down on the page to meet a deadline, and I’m thrilled to share it with writers everywhere.  Now you know why I take it as a compliment when someone calls me “The Chunky Lady!”  If you’re interested, you can sign up to join “The Chunky Nation” and receive a free Chunky Method Calculator here.

I’ve also been busy with my April Love Inspired Historical, THE DOCTOR’S UNDOING.  Readers who loved Ida Lee Landway from HOMEFRONT HERO will be pleased to see Ida get her own happy ending.  It’s garnered one of my favorite reviews ever from RT magazine, which gave it 4 stars and called it “a delightful read filled with laughable scenes, adorable children, and sigh-worthy romantic moments.”  They also said the epilogue “made for a great ending.”  That sure put a smile on my face.


With our children grown off on their own and in college, we are hosting our extended family for the Easter holiday.  I’m making a ham, deviled eggs (a Pleiter must-have), and apple pie while others are bringing sides and such.  What’s on the menu at your house?

5 comments:

  1. I love the sound of your chunky method of time management. The word chunky alone makes me smile. And your new book sounds terrific as always.

    For Easter dinner. I too am having ham and deviled eggs, always a must at the goodnight ranch, a baked potato casserole, and I am making hot cross buns for Good Friday. I've never done that before but it sounds like a good tradition to start. Oh and I always make a bunny cake for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Allie's workshop on time management, and it's fantastic! I'm sure the book will be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need more chunky time management LOL

    Your book sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Chunky method sounds intriguing, Allie! :)

    I'll be celebrating Easter at our lovely Georgia coast this year--the first time in my life I've been anywhere but home for Easter. But I'll be with lots of family so that will be fun! As always, I'm in charge of the deviled eggs, LOL.

    I hope all the Craftie Ladies have a very blessed Easter.
    Hugs, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making deviled eggs, too. And ham. And pound cake. And macaroni and cheese. Our daughter and her husband will be our guests. I wish each of you a Happy Easter.
    We are Easter people :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive