Friday, April 24, 2015

Blast from the Past

It's that time again. When we glimpse into the past of one of our Craftie Ladies. 

Our featured author this month is Barbara Phinney.

Tell us about your photo, Barbara.

Shortly after we arrived in Canada from England, my aunt came for a holiday. We lived near Toronto and it was a natural fit to visit Niagara Falls. I don’t remember this photo being taken, being the youngest of the family, but my brother remembers the US Scouts’ hat he’d traded something for, and the play gun he ‘shot’ around the Falls. I bet he wouldn’t be allowed to do that now. But I can remember how close I was to my mother. I always wanted to sit on her lap. And see the sweaters we’re wearing? She knitted them for us. My mother passed away a few years after this photo but I will always cherish my relationship with her, and I work hard to have the same with my children.

Oh, I love that, Barbara. What a special memory.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful memories, Barbara! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool photo and memory, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing such a special memory with us, Barbara.

    I'm so sorry you lost your mother at such a young age. Clearly she left behind a legacy of love.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive