Friday, April 3, 2015

First Friday and a good Friday for all ;) Lenora Worth

It's Good Friday. This was always "planting" day for my daddy. He planted our summer garden on Good Friday. So today, in honor of that memory, I thought I'd plant a new book!

First, let me clarify. I love writing for Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense. But sometimes, we get a seed of an idea that just won't go away. I got such a seed but it didn't work for LI. My sweet daddy used to tuck back seeds to use for another time. That's what I did with this story.

But it found a home with Tule Publishing. My first novella for Tule came out this week. Driftwood Cowboy is a short story but with a big heart. This story reflects a lot--tragedy, comedy, longing, doubting and redemption. All of which I've had in my life. I'm so glad I kept this little seed and that it grew into a story of which I'm proud.

I know a lot of authors who are branching out and I think that's a good thing. It means our industry is strong. It means we have opportunities to write stories that might have stayed hidden in a dark corner. It means that working writers can work even more and plant new seeds that become beautiful new stories.

We call this being a "hybrid" writer. Hybrid roses bring about beautiful new plants. Hybrid cars bring about better gas mileage and a kinder footprint on Mother Nature. Hybrid writers bring about more stories for all of our wonderful readers. And I wonder--how do you handle trying something new, planting a new seed, nurturing that seed and watching it sprout? What kind of seed will you plant today?

4 comments:

  1. I love the new book, Lenora! Congrats on the release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Missy. It's exciting to have a new release :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting, Lenora! Congratulations!
    Sounds like you have fond memories of your sweet Daddy and how he used to plant.
    I always seem to miss my parents even more around holidays.
    Hugs, Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. CatMom, I do have fond memories. I lost both of my parents when I was in my twenties. They worked hard and went through a lot of trials in their lives. I used to resent growing up on a farm but now I can see it showed me how to work hard and never give up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive