Friday, July 17, 2015

Meet RITA finalist Katy Lee and her novel Grave Danger



Greetings and thank you for inviting me to share my exciting RITA news! 
On the day Romance Writers of America was notifying the RITA nominees, it was just a typical day in the Lee home. My family was home with me. I homeschool my children, and we were in the middle of studying World War II when the phone rang. My husband works from home, and I didn’t recognize the number, so I thought it was for his business. I passed the phone to him, he answered, and immediately passed the phone back to me. As soon as they said it was the RWA board calling about the RITA Awards, I lost it. I couldn’t even stand on my feet. I just sat down right on the floor right where I was…and cried. Needless to say, history class was over for the day. The kids were pretty excited about that, too. 

After finding out you were a finalist, who did you call first and tell?
As for who I notified next, I told my editor first. It was only right. She puts so much into my stories to make them shine. I take her requests/revisions seriously to achieve what she is asking, even when it will increase my workload or stretch me beyond my writing skills. Which, by the way, only makes me a better writer all around. After that, I told my Connecticut RWA Board of Directors, many of whom have helped me along the way, and still do. 


What other cool things have happened now that you’re a RITA finalist? 
Well, soon after, I received a call that the same book, Grave Danger, is also a Daphne Du Maurier Finalist, so come this RWA Conference, I will be attending two awards events. The whole week in NYC will be scheduled with many receptions and parties, and I am looking forward to being exhausted. And let’s not forget the gowns. I will enjoy every minute. I will also say, my publisher, Harlequin, has been wonderfully supportive. They asked me for quote for other writers that they shared publicly. I’ll share it below with you. But the list goes on and on with all they have done to celebrate with me. I love writing for them. 

Short bio:
Rita nominated, Katy Lee is the author of five published novels. She likes to say she writes higher purpose stories at high speed because her suspenseful romances thrill, inspire, and satisfy the reader—from the edge of their seat. A native New Englander, Katy loves to knit warm wooly things. She enjoys traveling the side-roads and exploring the locals’ hideaways. A homeschooling mom of three competitive swimmers, Katy often writes from the stands while cheering them on. Her Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense, Grave Danger, is both a RITA and Daphne Du Maurier finalist. Keep in touch with Katy at her website, www.KatyLeeBooks.com. There you will see links to Facebook and Twitter.

How many books have you written?
I have five available now, but my December book, Silent Night Pursuit is completed and ready to go. I am writing the next in the Roads to Danger series, which makes it book seven for me. The list is: Warning Signs, Grave Danger, Sunken Treasure, Permanent Vacancy, and I have one full length novel, Real Virtue.

What other kudos have you earned?
Real Virtue was a Holt Medallion Finalist for Best First Book, as well as a few more awards for Inspirationals that include the Maggie Medallion, The Rone Award, and the Epic Award.

One piece of advice you have for other authors...
See my Harlequin quote.

Tell us a little about this book?
Grave Danger is a Nominee in the RITA Romantic Suspense Category for 2015.

Genre: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
Publisher: Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense
Plot:  When skeletal remains are found on a small Maine island, forensic anthropologist Lydia Muir is sent to investigate. It's Lydia's job to determine whether the homicide happened long ago—or more recently. Island sheriff Wesley Grant seems sure the murder didn't happen on his watch. But when Lydia uncovers the victim's identity, someone goes to great lengths to get Lydia off the island. Wes vows to protect her, but is the handsome lawman holding something back? To help catch a killer, she'll have to trust him—or become the next victim.




11 comments:

  1. Huge congrats, Katy! Looking forward to meeting you at RWA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katy!! Enjoy conference! I'm looking forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here, Ladies! :) I'm packing today and so excited. The hardest part I am finding is choosing the jewelry to take.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Katy. I loved this book!

    See you soon.

    Mary/Cate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katy,
    Your book sounds awesome :) I definitely am going to read it (I'm about 200 books behind but will move this forward)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations again, Katy! I'll be watching the live feed and rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Katy! Enjoy every moment of this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so proud of you, Katy! You deserve every accolade and then some. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take your time, Pamela. It's not going anywhere.

    Thank you, Keli! Will miss you this year. :(

    Christine, I plan to, but boy, am I nervous. :)

    Kristan! Thank you so much. I am so grateful to you and many others from CTRWA.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive