Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hero Interview from Jenna's Cowboy Hero


Interview with the hero from Jenna’s Cowboy Hero by Brenda Minton:

1. Adam MacKenzie, tell me the most interesting thing about you. I retired from pro football and then suddenly I found myself the owner of a half-finished youth camp in Oklahoma. A camp for kids is not my thing, but I guess it’ll have to be for the time being.

2. What do you do for fun? I used to socialize, date, eat at great restaurants. Now I’m eating at a place called the MAD COW CAFÉ and trying to corral my neighbor, Jenna Cameron’s, twin boys. And I kind of like this life.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it? Talking to my family. I haven’t spent a lot of time with them. My dad pushed me in football and my sister resented me for it. What’s there to discuss?

4. What are you afraid of most in life? I don’t like being used, but I really can’t think of a lot that I’m afraid of.

5. What do you want out of life? I’d like to find a career that is my choosing. Football was great, but sometimes I think I might have quit back in high school. My dad’s pressure really took the fun out of it. It became more about his lost opportunities and now what I wanted or loved doing. So now, now I’m looking forward to doing what I want. Like the job as a sports reporter for a major network. Or maybe I’ll be a fireman.

6. What is the most important thing to you? That’s changed. Getting that job with the Sports Network was at the top of the list, not that I had a list. Now, well, I can’t believe that keeping Camp Hope going is even on the list, but it’s pretty close to the top. And Jenna. Her boys. Yeah, I guess I have a list now.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book? Play books, for football. Every now and then a good mystery.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? If I changed what I wanted to change, I wouldn’t be where I am today. I guess the one thing I could change is my ability to trust. And I wouldn’t have walked away from faith. My dad pushed me in a lot of ways.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet? Funny story. I don’t have a pet, but I guess there’s this turtle that comes around a lot. The twins found it first. We wrote their names on the bottom of its shell. Yeah, that’s embarrassing.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why? I think I’d only go back in time a year. I’d go to Iraq and I’d be there to rescue Jenna. But since that can’t happen, I guess she’s here to rescue me. I’m going to have to end the interview here because that was one too many moments and this isn’t a Barbara Walters special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive