Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Colorado Match Interview

How exciting to have Vince Morningway, the hero from A COLORADO MATCH, by Deb Kastner, a March release from Love Inspired Romance.

1. Vince, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I don’t know if it’s interesting, but I’m in charge of running Morningway Lodge. Our ministry offers reasonably priced housing for families of paralyzed patients recovering in the nearby Rocky Mountain Rehabilitation Hospital.

2. What do you do for fun?

I use every waking hour to keep the Lodge going. I eat at my desk and don’t stop working until it’s bedtime.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

I try to avoid having confrontations with my brother Nate. We can’t seem to have a civil conversation, no matter how hard we try. Everything comes so easy to him and he just coasts along, doing his own thing. He doesn’t consider the consequences of his actions--how his actions will affect the lodge, and me.

Can you believe Nate hired a business consultant—whatever that is—without even telling me first. She’s messing with my office, trying to organize it, like I have time for that. Just what I need—a woman underfoot. Even if she’s attractive.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I’m afraid I won’t be able to maintain the legacy my father built in Morningway Lodge. God always provides, but sometimes I find my own faith is weak, especially after the resident daycare center burned down. I’m not sure how we’re going to make it out of this one. If we go under, I don’t know where the patient’s families are going to stay. Most of them are putting their money into hospital bills. They don’t have a lot left over for housing.

5. What do you want out of life?

Honestly? I really don’t know. I’ve always had to take care of the lodge. My brother Nate went and joined the Marines when he was eighteen and left me alone to keep the ministry going. I’ve never had the opportunity to explore my own goals and dreams. I don’t even know what they are.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Serving God. Taking care of my family’s legacy. Serving people. I take care of the guests’ needs at the lodge and often visit patients at the hospital, but all I can really do for them is pray.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

I haven’t picked up a book other than the Bible since high school. I was never much of a reader and I don’t have time anyway.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I wish I had more faith. I know God’s there and that He’s in control and has a plan, but sometimes I’m still afraid of the future. I know the truth in my head, but I don’t always feel it in my heart.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

There are lots of wild animals in the woods around the lodge, but I don’t have a pet, mostly because I don’t have any time to spend with one. I suppose that’s the same reason I’ve never had a serious relationship with a woman, either.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I would go back to the time just after my mother passed away from cancer. I’m the elder brother, and think if I would have stepped up more for Nate, maybe our relationship would have been different, and maybe he wouldn’t have felt the need to leave the moment he turned eighteen. Deep down, I guess I’ve always dreamed that Nate and I would run the lodge together.

He’s back and has a family now, but things are still strained between us. I don’t know how to bridge the gap. I guess all I can do is pray.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb,Vince or Terri:

    I have one question:

    How is little Gracie doing?

    I think Gracie has more personality than any baby I've so far encountered in romance.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive