Saturday, January 16, 2016

FEATURED BOOK AND INTERVIEW:A Family for the Soldier by Carolyne Aarsen



A Cowboy's Homecoming 
Since his return to Little Horn, Texas, former special ops soldier Grady Stillwater has felt lost. Stillwater Ranch needs his attention—and so does his brother's abandoned baby. But the injuries Grady sustained in Afghanistan have skewered his confidence. Physical therapist Chloe Miner offers hope and guidance—and a balm for the cowboy's wounded heart. Little does he know that Chloe is hiding a life-altering secret of her own. The sweet girl he remembers from high school has a baby on the way, and she may need Grady every bit as much as he does her…

Interview:
How exciting to have  Grady Stillwater the hero from A Family for the Soldier written by Carolyne Aarsen, a January from Love Inspired Romance .

1.  Grady, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I don’t know how interesting it is to other people. I worked Special Ops in Afghanistan but I don’t like talk about it. That’s a part of my life that few people stateside really understand.
2.  What do you do for fun?
Fun? I just got my leg almost blown off and I’m trying to find my balance in my new life. Trust me, fun isn’t a word in my vocabulary right now.
3.  What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Rehab. I know I’m supposed to but I hate being helpless. Hate seeing other people see me that way. I figure I’ll just tough it out.
4.  What are you afraid of most in life?
Afraid? I’m always afraid. It’s what kept me alive. Now that I’m back at Stillwater ranch I know I don’t need to be afraid, but this Chloe girl makes me kind of fearful. 
5.  What is the most important thing to you?
Family_. I’d do anything for my brother though the fact that he’s in a coma bother’s me more than I can say. I feel so helpless. And this baby that an old girlfriend claims is mine - I know it isn’t but it’s hard to get rid of the rumors.
6.  Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
Sorry. I don’t read much. If I do, nonfiction.
7.  If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
My leg. I’d want to be whole again. I’d want to be the kind of man that I think a girl like Chloe deserves. I hate that I’m helpless and I hate that she has to see that.
8.  Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
I got my horses. They aren’t pets but they are my partners. I just wish I could ride better.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I don’t like looking back. That’s never done me any good. I need to look ahead. To figure out what to do with what’s in front of me. Right now I need to find peace. My grandmother always tells me that only God can give me that, but I don’t trust Him that much right now. Anyhow, I’ll keep on plugging. Keep doing what I know I need to do. And try to find a way to deal with Chloe and those haunting eyes of hers.


4 comments:

  1. I loved this book n the interaction between chloe n brady. Loved Mamie n baby Cody n Lucy they add their own unique personalities n totally steal the scenes they are in :) loving this series will b sad when it ends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hero interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover! The story sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this book in the mail......am so looking forward to reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive