Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Lawman's Christmas Wish Interview

How exciting to have Amy James, the heroine from THE LAWMAN’S CHRISTMAS WISH, by Linda Goodnight, a December, 2010 release from Love Inspired Romance .

1. Amy, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I live in the wild, beautiful state of Alaska! I suppose some people would also find it interesting that a young female owns an outdoor adventure company. We provide tours into the Alaskan wilderness. Oh, and did I mention that most of my tour guides are strong, handsome, single men?

2. What do you do for fun?

Lately, I’m had some exasperating fun. Now that I’m a widow, the men in town think I need a husband, and seldom a day goes by that I don’t get a marriage proposal. Most of them are after the gold they think I have. That’s the funny part. I don’t have any!

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Oh, my. That’s so hard. The town police chief, Reed Truscott, was my late husband’s best friend. Because of a promise to Ben, Reed feels duty bound to marry me and care for me and my sons. I side-step him at every turn because I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but I do not want to be any man’s ‘duty’! At some point, I’m going to have to speak up, tell him how I really feel and see what happens.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

Failure - With the town and the business on my shoulders, failure could hurt a lot of good people, including my sons.

5. What do you want out of life?

To make a good life for my sons and the people of Treasure Creek. We’ve been struggling since the economic recession but we won’t give up. As long as we stick together, we’ll make it.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

The usual, I suppose - God, family, friends, and the little town of Treasure Creek. When I die and get to Heaven, which I hope looks like Alaska, I want the Lord to say “You made a difference.”

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

Books! When do I have time to read books?! Well, except the story books I read every night to my boys. Lately, Reed Truscott has been listening too. Hmm. Wonder why a grown man would be interested in hearing me read about the red-nosed reindeer?

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Sometimes I think I’m the only one who can do a job. I need to learn to delegate more. The world won’t stop turning if I take a break…Will it?

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No, I don’t, but Reed has a wonderful Alaskan Malamute, one of those beautiful sled dogs. My boys are crazy about that animal. He’s a big, one-eyed, sweetheart who adores people, especially Dexter and Sammy.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I would go back to the day my husband died and talk him out of guiding the final wilderness tour that stole his life.

Thank you Linda for sharing Amy with us today.

1 comment:

  1. Now I know why my post didn't show I came from facebook.
    but I want this book so bad and the nov one. I have read the other 4 and loved them. its on my list to buy when I have some money.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive