Sunday, December 19, 2010

An Amish Christmas Interview

How exciting to have John Doe, the hero from An Amish Christmas, by Pat Davids, a Dec 2010 release from Love Inspired Romance with us today.

1. John, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

That’s kind of hard to do. I know so little about myself. I’m the victim of a violent crime and I have amnesia. I guess the interesting thing is that I’m staying with an Amish family while I try to find out who I am.

2. What do you do for fun?

I do the one thing I seem to be good at. I work with horses. I don’t know how I learned the skill, but I enjoy training them. A horse accepts me at face value for who I am today not who I was before.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

The Amish don’t have electricity or computers so I have to go into town to the public library to check a website called NamUs. It’s a site for information about missing persons. I used to check it all the time, but lately I dread going there. I’ve found real happiness here in this Amish community. I’ve come to care deeply about an Amish woman. I’m afraid if I do find out about my past that happiness will be destroyed.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

Two things. Never having an answer about my identity, and having an answer about my identity

5. What do you want out of life?

I want to be free to love the woman I care about more than my own life. Her name is Karen.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

Answers.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

I don’t read much now. I’m not sure if that means I never did or not. I’ve been reading the Bible. I’m finding a lot of comfort in God’s word.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

This might sound silly, but I want to become part of the Amish community. I think that’s why God left me here. I’m living with people whose faith is a major part of their everyday lives. They speak of God as if He were present in every aspect of their day.
9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets, at least I hope not. I’d hate to think of a dog or a cat pining away for me in some apartment or back yard. It’s even harder to think I might have a family, parents, a wife and children somewhere wondering where I am and why I didn’t come home.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d go back to the night before I arrived in Hope Springs. I’d go back to a time when my own name wasn’t a mystery.

Thank you Pat for sharing John with us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive