Monday, December 20, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas--Part Four by Missy Tippens

Dear Daniel,

I have a confession. I'm feeling blue today--disappointed. I've been thinking so much about our first twelve days together that today, when I heard a bird calling, I thought maybe, just maybe, you'd come home to surprise me and were making bird calls outside the window.

I know, silly of me. And actually, I have to admit it ended up being a good day. Since the Mayor declared the village Christmas theme in your honor, everyone in town has been so sweet. Today, the Lipscomb family surprised me by bringing lunch. And yes, they had remembered the story of our fourth date and were outside making the bird calls. We ate together and talked about you all afternoon. Were your ears burning?

Do you remember how you embarrassed me on that date by blowing that silly bird whistle each time the audience applauded at the concert? Then as soon as people would start looking around to see where the noise was coming from, you'd hide the whistle? I know people thought I had done it because my face had to have been beet red. You were so funny and made me laugh again.

Oh, I miss your humor so much. I miss the silly things you always do. And yes, I even miss those embarrassing moments, because I know you were stepping outside your comfort zone, trying to win me over.

You had won me over for sure by that night. And even though I was already falling in love with you, I couldn't resist teasing you, telling you that birds--such as partridges and French hens and turtle doves and calling birds-- were not the way to a woman's heart. That jewelry would be much more effective. And you looked into my eyes, so serious, took hold of my hand, and told me you couldn't possibly consider such an intimate gift until the fifth date. I don't think I've ever told you how your touch made my heart stutter. Daniel, dear, you'll always take my breath away. Even when we're old and gray and Seth is grown with his own children, you'll be the one who makes my heart beat faster.

Oh, Daniel, I'm so proud of you, but please stay safe. I can't wait until we can be together again. I know it's going to be difficult to deliver Seth while you're so far away. But I pray for the moment I can see you with our baby in your arms.

All my love,
Joy

10 comments:

  1. Oh, that Daniel is a romantic guy! Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sure did woo her, didn't he? A wonderful date each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo enjoying this. Great job, Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Daniel does some great things. I'll have to give my husband some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pamela, we'll look forward to your installment tomorrow. :)

    yeah, Leann. That's the nice thing about fiction. We can create our perfect heroes. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, Missy. Daniel is a very creative man. Wonder what else he has planned (if and when he makes it safely home.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, Missy. Daniel is a very creative man. Wonder what else he has planned (if and when he makes it safely home.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oops. Sorry about the double post. I'm having password issues today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lenora, some days Blogger just seems to hate me. So I understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the latest installment, Missy.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive