Friday, December 17, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas-part three by Margaret Daley


Dear Daniel,

Ten days to Christmas and I still have so much to do. I finally bought a tree today and set it up. When I pulled out our boxes of ornament, I found those three ugly French hens you saw in that little shop on our honeymoon. I still remember how you insisted we had to have them for our first Christmas tree. I bought the last set of ornaments--twelve lords leaping--yesterday. Well, they are as close as I could get to leaping lords. That completes our set of the twelve days of Christmas ornaments. I can't wait for you to see them all on the tree. I wish you could have been there tonight when I put them on the tree. Seth got a kick out of it. Literally he kicked me as I put each of those three French hens on the tree. I wonder if he is telling us something. Do you think he is going to play football like you did in school?

Speaking of football, I saw the movie, Blind Side, again--this time on T.V. I cried and laughed through it just like the first time I saw it with you. I was so thrilled you finally wanted to go with me to a movie. When you told me it was about a football player, I thought I was in for one of those boring sports movies about male bonding, but that was all right. You were going to the movies with me. Boy, what a surprise when I saw it. I appreciated the movie again and thought of that evening we went to dinner and to the show. So when you come back, we need to go to dinner and pick another movie to see.

I can't wait to see you again. Soon Seth will be here. I need you here, too. Please come home soon. I pray for you and your company to stay safe and return to us. I love you, even when you had to have those three ugly French hens for our Chrismtas tree.

All my prayers and love,
Joy

5 comments:

  1. I just rented it from Netflix to arrive on Saturday! Great story, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat in the movie theater with my husband and grown children and cried my eyes out when I saw Blind Side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can picture Joy with those ornaments.
    I haven't seen Blind Side yet. Maybe over the holiday. I think it's one even my kids would watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a great movie and based on a real story. I watched it the night before I wrote my part so you can see it was on my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive