Friday, May 10, 2013

Interview with Brock Parker

How exciting to have Brock Parker, the hero from ALASKAN HERO, written by Teri Wilson, a May release from Love Inspired Romance.

Brock, tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such an adventure.

I’m an avalanche search & rescue expert. I train dogs to find people who’ve been buried in avalanches, and I place those dogs with various ski patrol units throughout the world. At the beginning of ALASKAN HERO, I arrive in Aurora, Alaska, with two pups ready to go to work at the Chugach Mountain Range. Before long, I find myself being chased by a herd of reindeer through the streets of Aurora and falling head over heels for a woman with eyes the color of Rocky Mountain lavender.

During the book you met Anya Petrova. Tell us a bit about her. What was your first impression?

Anya came to me for help with a timid dog she’d rescued. To be honest, at first I thought she was a bit of a smart-aleck. And complicated. But I’ve never been one to back down from a challenge.

What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?

I have the tenacity and strength to hold back an avalanche with my bare hands, but a single, captivating look from Anya’s violet eyes gets me right in gut. Every time.

What scares you?

Losing a loved one. It’s happened before, and I have no intention of letting it happen again.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would let myself believe Anya when she tells me that I can’t save everyone. No man can.

Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?

At the beginning of my story, I’m a man without a home. I travel from one mountain to the next, roaming the world to save avalanche victims. Or at least that’s what I’m telling myself. Am I actually trying to outrun God? Maybe. But little did I know he would follow me all the way to the Land of the Midnight Sun.

Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?

At the end of the story, this search & rescue patrolman realizes that love, and God, are the things most worth searching for.

You’ve got a scripture at the beginning of the story. Tell us why this scripture is significant.

The Scripture at the beginning of ALASKAN HERO is from Isaiah 54. “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken.”



These words are particularly meaningful to me because they promise that the love of God stands firm, even in an avalanche.

If you could be a dessert what would you be and why?

Baked Alaska, of course. It reminds me of my Anya.

7 comments:

  1. I just bought this book yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri,
    I love your Alaskan heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teri,
    I loved this book and the hero and heroine! I have to ask, do you have any plans to write about Brock's brother?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Teri!!!! What a fun set-up for a romance. Sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry. Lets try again. Internet is sketchy. Thanks for letting Brock visit us, Terri. His story sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, guys! Thanks so much! I'm sorry I'm just now popping in. My son graduated from college this weekend and we we've been busy the past few days with graduation festivites and family visiting from out of town.

    Jenny, I hope you enjoy Alaskan Hero! And Karen...you are not the first person to ask me about Brock's brother. I may need to give the poor guy some thought.

    Blessings, Teri

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive