Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Truth is Stanger than Fiction

Pamela Tracy here, and what you are about to hear is true, absolutely true, and I won't even tell you that the names have been changed to protect the innocent because I'm not mentioning names

It's Memorial Day weekend, and for my family that means camping.















When my hubby and I first married, he had a tent that fit two. We progressed (mostly because of the suitcase I insisted on bringing) to a two room tent. Then, I got pregnant. Did you know when you're pregnant and camping in a tent, it's really REALLY a pain to roll off the ground every ten minutes in the middle of the night because nature calls. Yup, you guessed it. We got a pop-up. We still have it for our short camping trips.

Now we have a camper (think bathroom and stove). The reason why my husband agreed is because our camping trips are for longer periods of time and if he wants me fully vested, I want the potty.

So, we've been camping since Wednesday with lots of camping friends.

The chain of events you are about to read is true. They happened yesterday.

1. Early Morning: Married couple (Grandma and Grandpa) leave tent behind to drive to Big City to attend graduation party.

2. After Dinner: Mother A (not her real name) heads to nearest town (twenty miles away - not really a town, more a spot) for trivial reason.

3. After Dessert: Child bitten in head by over excited dog (Don't worry, child is fine we now know).

4. Mother B tosses child in truck, heads for nearest big town for hospital.

5. Instead: Mother B drives off road (there was lots of dust) and her truck goes down an embankment.

6. Two minutes later: Mother A finds Mother B and rescues her and drives her to hospital.

7. After stitches, Mother B turns child over to Grandpa and Grandma who were not supposed to return camping until following day but who for some stranger reason decided to return early and got to big town just in time to rescue grandson. They spend night in hotel while Mother B returns to campsite and other children.

8. Next day, tow truck pulls Mother B's truck from embankment and NOT a STRATCH.

Isn't God amazing.

If I put this in a book, would you believe me?

8 comments:

  1. WOW, talk about God's providence at work. But, uh, nope, Pamela. Would not believe that for a second if I read it in a book. Books have to make sense. Real life rarely does. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is amazing! That so many choices would coincide at the right moment can only be God at work. I agree with Renee that this would be tough to pull off in a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have goosebumps! So cool. And glad the boy is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mother B had all the excitement. She was supposed to arrive camping on Thursday and instead arrived at 11:00 p.m. Friday night, and only because my hubby went out and found her LOL. We had so many adventures this trip. All I can say is I'm a dull camper. The worst thing I did was forget to pack soap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad everything is good! God is amazing. I would believe it in a book because He has worked out some amazing things in my life. lol but I'm sure it would be considered contrived! Hey, congratulations on being pregnant...so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you Mother A or Mother B? LOL
    Wow, what a story. See I'd believe it because I know how random life can seem when in reality God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra,
    Oh my!!!! I was pregnant 9 years ago. Gish, I won't even tell you how old I am. Let's just say, Nope, no more children, ein't gonna happen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri,
    I'm neither. I'm Mother C, who waited six extra hours for Husband C to help the tow truck driver bring the truck from the embankment.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive