Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hero Interview for Homecoming Hero by Renee Ryan


Interview with the hero of Homecoming Hero: Army Captain Ty Wolfson:

1. Wolf, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I’m not a man who likes to talk about himself so I’m not sure how to answer that question. I didn’t grow up with much. My mom left my dad and me when I was ten. That doesn’t say much about me, does it? I went to college on an Army scholarship. I’m career Army. It’s all I know. It’s who I am.

2. What do you do for fun?
I jump out of airplanes, ride motorcycles, work on my vintage car whenever I’m stateside. I’ve named her Stella. She’s one sweet ride and has been my only constant the last ten years.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Why would I put anything off? The only way to handle a difficult task is head on.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Failure. I can’t bear the thought of letting down the people who rely on me most, especially my fellow soldiers.

5. What do you want out of life?
I want to know I matter, what I do matters, that I’ve made a difference.

6. What is the most important thing to you?
Friendship, brotherhood, I’d die for my fellow soldiers.

7. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
When there’s time, which isn’t often, I read anything I can find about George Washington, especially anything that focuses on his battle strategy. The man was a brilliant soldier and leader.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I’d like to be a better manager of people. Things like cars, trucks, anything mechanical, those I understand. People are far more complicated, but as a captain in the Army I have to manage soldiers. It’s really hard during the integration period right after a long deployment. That’s when my soldiers are most vulnerable to domestic disturbances, alcohol abuse, fighting, and other…issues. I wish I was better able to help them acclimate.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
No pets, but if I knew I was going to be in one place for any given period of time I’d definitely own a dog or two.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I’d go back to the Revolutionary war. I’d want to be on the battle field right next to General Washington. See my answer to number 7 as to why.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive