Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer Vacation




Leann here and want to share my summer adverture. In the middle of a miserable summer--100 degree days here in Texas, we flew to Hawaii. (I didn't get to go to RWA this summer because of our trip.) We spend 10 days on Oahu and on the big island. I thought drive though the mountains of Colorado was tough, but going from sea-level to 4,000 feet had my ears popping. Luckly, my son-in-law, a native, did the driving.

Of course, if you drive in Honolulu it's not the paradise you want it to be. The picture is my husband and I at the edge of a mountain. Pali Drive. It was high enough to be cold, and the wind--well I couldn't walk against it. My hostess explained she used to drive this road carved into the mountain and it was so narrow that if there was a wreck, you got to spend your night on the side of the island you were on.





The second picture is of Punch Bowl, the military cemetery when many soldiers, sailors and marines are buried. It was a beautiful, peaceful place. I wanted to give my thanks to every man and woman buried there.

It was a wonderful time with friends and family.

1 comment:

  1. Leann, what a lovely thing to visit that war cemetary. I'm with you, no thanks is enough for what our military does.

    Hope you had a BLAST in Hawaii. I've always wanted to go.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive