Sunday, August 1, 2010

Heroine Interview from Hometown Proposal

Interview with the heroine from Hometown Proposal by Merrillee Whren:

1. Elise Keller, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I worked as an entertainer on a cruise ship for six years.

2. What do you do for fun?

I love to sing, especially karaoke with my dad.

3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

At this particular time in my life I dread dealing with my former boyfriend, Seth Finley. I’ve been ignoring his attempts to contact me for over a year, but now he’s in town. I still don’t want to face him.

4. What are you afraid of most in life?

I’m afraid of letting people down and making the wrong decisions. I’ve made some bad choices in the past, and I don’t want to repeat those mistakes.

5. What do you want out of life?

I want to complete my college music degree so I can teach music, hopefully in Kellerville, my hometown, so I can be close to my family. I didn’t realize how much I missed the place until I came back and recognized how much my family loves me and wants the best for me.

6. What is the most important thing to you?

The love of my family is the most important to me. For years, I had a strained relationship with them, especially my sister and my dad. Since I came back home, my sister Juliane and I have become really close. We understand each other a lot better now than we did when we were younger. And my dad has turned his drinking problem over to God and is sober. That makes me so happy.

7. Do you read? If so, what is your favorite type of book to read?

Right now I don’t do much pleasure reading because I have gone back to college to get my degree. So other than the Bible, I spend my time reading textbooks or professors’ assigned reading.

8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

I would learn how to forgive myself instead of beating myself up over things I can’t change.

9. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

I have no pets.

10. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

Since I worked on a cruise ship, I think it would be fascinating to go back in time to the early twentieth century and spend time on one of the ocean liners of that day.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely would enjoy reading this story! It sounds like fun. Funny things make me laugh...and that's my secret to good health...laughter can heal and aid your health. I hope I'm commenting in the proper spot to be entered in the August giveaways. Thank you for the opportunity.

    Blessed Be in God,
    Barb Shelton
    Arlington, TX
    barbjan10(at)tx(dot)rr(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    You are commenting in the right place. Thanks for stopping by our blog. Good to see you here.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive