Monday, August 9, 2010

Hitting the Parks this summer

Janet Tronstad here, ready to talk about summer fun. As some of you know, I've made several trips to Montana this year to spend more time with my parents (who are both close to 85 and feeling in the need of some help). It hasn't all been work though as I've been to Yellowstone Park with them and hope to make it to Glacier Park when I'm there in the next few weeks. I'm posting a picture from Glacier Park so you can see how magnificent it is. I can see and just stare at all the beauty around when I'm in the park. I'm hoping each of you gets a chance to get close to some natural places this summer (parks, ocean, etc.). If you have, please feel free to share.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Janet, that's gorgeous!!

    We did the beach this summer. It was so relaxing and peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so jealous. Glacier and Yellowstone are my two favorite places on the planet!! God did such great work when He was up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy -- I love the ocean, too.

    Linda -- Aren't those parks wonderful? Glad you've been able to visit both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Glacier Park, but we're great explorers and I can see us doing it in a year or two. I did Yellowstone in college, with a bunch of ski-minded girlfriends on Spring Break. We did the ocean this summer. And, rats, we didn't go camping but once.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, we did Hawaii. It was beautiful, but I'm a mountain gal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    I lived in Montana when I was a little girl. I've been to Yellowstone numerous times, but I've never been to Glacier. I don't know why. I've been very close by. One of my goals is to visit all of the national parks, but I'm not sure I can get my husband to go for that. I told him I'd drive, and he could just sit back and relax. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pamela -- I'm not a camper, but I love being in nature. My grandfather bought a log cabin in the Rocky Mountains years and years ago and the whole family takes turns staying there. I also love to go to the ocean and listen to the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leann -- Hawaii is on my list, but I haven't made it there yet. Glad you have.

    Merrilee -- Some day you do need to see Glacier. It is much more dramatic and magestic than Yellowstone (in my humble opinion).

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive