Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fatal Inheritance Interview



Today we're welcoming Joshua Rayne, the hero of Fatal Inheritance, written by Sandra Orchard, an August 2013 release by Love Inspired Suspense

Wow, you've just had quite an adventure.   

1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you came to be in the midst of such suspense.
My name is Joshua Rayne. My friends call me Josh. I live in the rural outskirts of Serenity in southern Ontario, Canada. I’m a police officer so it was only natural that I’d try to catch whoever is harassing my new neighbor.
2. Yes, tell us a bit about your new neighbor Becki Graw. What was your first impression? When did you know it was love?
First impression? I guess I’d have to say it was “wow”. She’s all grown up. As for love…I’m not so sure. The sparks, the attraction were definitely there from day one, but I’ve been burned before so I don’t give my heart away easily. I love simple rural living and didn’t want to fall for someone who didn’t share the same values. I knew Bec did as a kid, but a lot can change in fifteen years.
3. What strengths/skills do you have? What is your greatest weakness?
I’m a good cop, maybe care a little more than is wise sometimes.
4. What scares you?
At the moment, the thought of anyone getting to Becki Graw.
5. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wouldn’t have run off to the military after my girl dumped after high school graduation. Not that I don’t appreciate what I learned there, and the friends I made, but I should never have left my dad like that. He needed me here on the farm. By the time I came back it was too late.
6. Where are you in your faith at the start of your story?
My faith is very important to me. I go to church. Help out wherever I can. Always try to do the right thing.
7. Where are you in your faith at the end of the story?
I came to realize that one area of my life I wasn’t ready to trust God in was finding a wife. I had this mental checklist that my future wife would meet, and didn’t give myself a chance to get too close to any woman who fell short. But as my sister pointed out, you don’t fall in love with a checklist of ideals. You fall in love with a person, with all her faults and differing opinions—the way God made her to be. And you trust God to help you make it work, because relationships get messy no matter how many boxes on your checklist you’ve ticked.
8. What is the one thing you would never do?
Live in the city. At least not if I could help it. I lived a lot of different places during my military stint, but my heart is in the country.
9. What’s your greatest fear?
Marrying the wrong woman. My mom left my dad when I was in high school. Couldn’t stand living out in the boonies any longer. It killed him to lose her.
10. What is the most unusual thing about you?
I guess it’s that I have a habit of taking in whatever stray comes my way. At the moment that includes a three-legged dog and a bird with a broken wing.
11. What do you hope people will learn from your experience in this story?
Men should learn that you can never figure out what a woman wants. I thought I was being respectful by not chasing after a woman who cuts out on me, but my sister told me that sometimes that’s exactly what they want, to prove we love them. Love them enough to risk rejection again! And I’m telling you, if you really love her, you’ll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive