Friday, December 9, 2011

Ask Elnora--About Coupons??? Lenora Worth

Good morning, my little elves. Elnora is blurry eyed today. I got really brave yesterday and ventured out to shop! Before I went into the fray I had a nice time visiting a library open house with my friend Judy Christie (Author of the new YA novel Wreath, by the way). The lovely staff at the darling Stonewall Library had prepared great food--a chocolate cake to die for--and other wonderful munchies. So we sat a spell and chatted with Miss Nell and the other book lovers. Then we headed downtown and shopped at a very hip place called artspace. (No caps.) Elnora bought a lovely mirror for the Florida home. It's decorated in buttons and jewelry. Very Blingy! We had more chocolate in the cafe there. We shared a giant whoopie pie. Yummy!!! After Judy and parted, I went to the post office and then decided since I was out and all chocolated up, I'd get some more shopping done. I had a purse full of store coupons, so I figured I'd save money. I did. But in order to save money, one has to spend money, right? I bought various presents for various people. I can't say what I bought because some of them actually read this blog! But I had coupons. Of course, the coupons I had in my purse were expired. Still, everything I found was marked down and I hit a good time of the day--more mark downs! I had Kohl's cash and Target deals. So all in all, not a bad experience. The other shoppers were even nice. They must have had two rounds of chocolate, too! Anyway, I got home and checked my e-mail and there I found another Kohl's coupon for twenty extra percent off. Of course, I had my phone with me in the store, but didn't know I could have pulled up the e-mail and used that code, too!! Drat on that! I'm not so sure I want to load all that stuff up and go back into the danger zone. My day will be shot. But that's the thing about coupons. Even when you have a purse full, there is still a better deal lurking out there somewhere. So I ask--What's the deal with coupons? Do you use them, love them, hoard them? Or do you just go about your merry way? Let's discuss while Elnora brews a big pot of coffee!!!!

15 comments:

  1. I do all the holiday coupons--provided I actually NEED the thing or store advertised..that's the hard part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Allie. And yes, I needed everything I bought for myself!! Ha, ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not very good at remembering to use the coupons I've cut out at the grocery store. I always remember I have them AFTER I've checked out!!

    I DO use the %off coupons from Kohl's though, those have saved me A LOT of money over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, I have that problem of expired coupons. I'd love to get an IPhone, but my husband complains about the monthly maintenance fee. He wants to retire and doesn't want the big bill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leann, if you get an iphone, you will love it. It's quite addictive, however. Like a little brain in your hand. There are others that aren't so expensive. We got a good plan (my husband is very frugal--love you, Big Daddy!) Tracy, I do the same. Cut our grocery store coupons then forget I have them. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love coming across good sales! :) And Chocolate too! Sounds like a great day!

    I was shopping the other day and all these dresses were on sale but mine, so I found mine on sale in a different size and used that to show the salesperson :) Keep your eyes open and happy shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you! It pays to be observant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I like the IDEA of coupons, I'm not very good at the follow through. I rarely remember to bring them with me when I shop. And when I do I find half of them are already expired.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we actually dont get many coupons here. occasionally we get some catalogues with a coupon but not like in America. When I was in Hawaii I did use a few of the coupons in the tourist guides. What I really hate is the 2 for a special price or 3 for a special price when I only want one. I know its a saving but its not when I only want or need one. Here they dont give it at the cheaper price for just one.
    they had boxes of chocolates normally 9.50 a box 2 for 11 which is great but didn't need 2 boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, sometimes they are more trouble than they are worth. And my eyes find it hard to read that fine print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It does seem to me that with the Internet, more and more coupon companies are cropping up. I get offer every day. They so have my number!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used a $5 Target coupon and a $10 grocery coupon today. Of course, they required I spend $50 to get the discount.

    I bought stuff I needed and stuff I didn't. My rule is I only buy stuff I am running out of or is on sale so the coupon is actually worth it to me.

    Peace, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good rule, Julie. I do try hard to follow that myself. I got our lunch yesterday with a 2-for-1 coupon. Of course, after eating that whoopie pie, I still owed money. But it was so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I did get given a $10 off coupon at target but you have to buy $100 and I dont have that sort of money to spend in one go (not at target here)
    Its like the clothing one where they give a $5 coupon when you spend x amount but it has to be on non sale items (there stuff is nearly always on sale) and within a month. I get to there shop maybe once ever 6 months so they expire before I can use them.
    I do use some for accomodation. I am using a stay 2 nights for the price of one and a 25% of the price while in Melbourne and it is saving me quite a bit. (of course I paid for the privilege but I have come out in front already)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lenora, I hate when I show up with expired coupons! That happens to me all the time at Kohl's! I've found that I like having ones I can pull up in email on my phone and show them. Love that type coupon!

    Sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive