Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Christmas Quilt by Patricia Davids

How exciting to have Gideon Troyer with us, the hero from The Christmas Quilt, by Patricia Davids, a December 2011 release from Love Inspired Romance.

  1. Gideon, tell me the most interesting thing about you.

I’m a pilot. Most people find that interesting, but I’m also ex-Amish. I left my Amish community and my family when I was 21. I left behind the girl I loved, too. When she turned down my proposal, I knew I couldn’t stay.

  1. What do you do for fun?

Are you kidding? I fly. I do it for fun, I do it for work, I’d do it in my sleep if I could.

  1. What do you put off doing because you dread it?

Now you’re getting to the sore point in of my life. I’ve never been back to see my family. When I left after being baptized into the faith, I knew my family would shun me. I should go, my parents are getting older, but I dread it.

  1. What are you afraid of most in life?

Having the engine cut out at four thousand feet and finding out I don’t have a parachute.

Other than that, I’m afraid something important is missing in my life and I’m not sure what it is.

  1. What do you want out of life?

Two things. I want to help Rebecca Beachy earn enough money to have the surgery that might restore her sight and I want to know why she turned down my offer of marriage all those years ago. That question haunts me.

  1. What is the most important thing to you?

I guess I would have to say a strong work ethic and friends.

  1. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?

I love books about flight pioneers. I’m not into fiction. I like to read about things that actually happened.

  1. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

If I could change one thing? Just one? I guess it would be the amount of time I spend trying to make a success of my air charter service. I should take care of myself and maybe get back into going to church. I miss the strong sense of faith I once had. I’m not sure why I let that slip away. Sometimes, not going to church is easier than facing what you’ve done wrong.

  1. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?

No pets for me. I don’t have time for one.

  1. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?

I’d go back to the day Rebecca Beachy told me she didn’t love me anymore. I wouldn’t leave until I had my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive