Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Wonderful Christmas Time


Hi, this is Margaret Daley. I hope that all of you are having a wonderful Christmas time (I'm listening to that song right now as I write), but I do know that this time of year isn't always a time of happiness for everyone. It would be great if it was, but life happens and tragedy occurs in December just like the other eleven months of the year.

I don't know about you but right now my life is so busy with too much to do and not enough time. Then you add in all the extra stuff we do at this time of year and I can become overwhelmed pretty fast. So what do you do at this time of year to preserve your sanity? How do you slow down and really appreciate what Christmas means: the birth of Jesus, our Saviour?

I'm keeping my focus on the Lord. I'm taking each day as it comes. I'm prioritizing what I need to get done and what can be let go until after Christmas. I'm making sure I have time for family and friends even if that means my house isn't as clean as I like or I just let a few things go. I'm taking the time to really listen to the words of some of the Christmas music I love like Mary, Did You Know. What about you? How do you deal with the craziness of the season?

I do know one thing. I wish all of you a blessed Christmas of peace and love.

9 comments:

  1. Margaret, I love that song! Mary Did You Know?


    Songwriters: LOWRY, MARK / GREENE, BUDDY
    Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day walk on water?
    Mary did you know that your baby boy will save our sons and daughters?
    Did you know that your baby boy has come to make you new?
    This child that you've delivered, will soon deliver you.

    Mary did you know that your baby boy will give sight to a blind man?
    Mary did you know that your baby boy will calm a storm with his hand?
    Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod?
    And when you kiss your little baby, you have kissed the face of God.

    The blind will see, the deaf will hear and the dead will live again.
    The lame will leap, the dumb will speak, the praises of the lamb.

    Mary did you know that your baby boy is Lord of all creation?
    Mary did you know that your baby boy will one day rule the nations?
    Did you know that your baby boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
    This sleeping child you're holding is the great I AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we have Utube so we can see these songs being sung. I've been lulled by Do They Know It's Christmas. Boy, does Sting look young. And I'm in awe of Bono's voice. I'm gonna go find Mary Did You Know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The words to the song give me chills when I listen to them. Thanks for posting them, Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret. I start getting everything ready in November (Christmas portrait, letter, imprinted cards, shopping-I'm the only one I know who asks the kids to write their letter to Santa before Thanksgiving) so I don't have the crunch at the end. I finished wrapping last night so I've nothng to do but enjoy my last few days counting my blessings and remembering the reason for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peace and blessings abundant to you, Margaret. Can't wait to read the next book in your new series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Julie.
    Kim, I usually have things done ahead of time. It slipped by me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, I am so anxious for your #2 book in your new series to come out in February!!
    Merry Christmas to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas to you too Margaret! Glad you're enjoying the season! I'm with Kim, I get things done early (if possible) to make sure there's time to just relax and enjoy everything :) This year however we did have a family member pass away over the weekend and the funeral is tomorrow. My prayers are with his immediate family this Christmas as they adjust to life without him. I'm hoping seeing all their family and friends over the holidays will help ease some of their pain though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Margaret:

    The best way to reduce stress during the Christmas holidays is to have a wife.

    For a really great and happy Christmas song listen to:

    Barenaked Ladies: "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings" with Sarah McLachlan

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGVNzgUxE-g

    This is a wonderful new arrangement.

    Vince

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive