Thursday, August 27, 2009

My husband did one of those Things!


My husband did one of those things yesterday!

Oh, not one of those things that drive you nuts, like deciding to change the oil in the car a half hour before you have to leave for an important meeting, or dropping his dirty clothes in the middle of the kitchen like it’s one giant laundry hamper. Not one of those things.

One of the OTHER things.

I’d been typing away, shut in my office for several hours and suddenly the door opens. Crash goes my train of thought. What now? I turned to face him with a scowl. He simply walked over to my chair, kissed me and said, “I love you today. Have I told you that? You’re the light of my life.”

Ahh, that was so sweet. I just sort of melted. Smiling softly, he left the room without another word.

Sometimes that old guy still surprises me after 35 years. Not with candy or flowers, but with those tokens of love that won’t wilt or add inches to my hips. That out-of-nowhere kiss will linger forever in my memory. Guess that’s why I married the guy.

Pat Davids.
(still smiling)

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post. How fun. My hubby does "one of those things" now and then and when he does it sure makes up for the other "things". (smile)

    Sherry K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most know us not. Newly married as of June 5th 2009, we've been all over the map, due to Erin finishing her work on her advanced degree and I have been up to my eyes in academic work even while on sabbatical. My friend and I played golf yesterday while I waited for Erin to motor north to our home. I did not marry her for her kitchen skills, but she surprised my friend and I with a buffet set for us when we arrive at my home. She sat sleeping while my friend and I tiptoed around in the family room eating and whispering. Later after my friend left to go to his motel, I dozed off. Erin somehow managed to clean up after us and not wake me until she was done. Kissing my cheek she asked if " did you guys have fun?" No mention about the food or my golf bag put away, or that she had changed clothes and looked very nice. Helps me look forward to our next how many years with her. I can learn to be a servant from her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'm swooning! Thanks so much for sharing that sweet moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry K
    I'm glad you got a chuckle out of this.

    Pamela,
    Don't be jealous. Just do "one of those things" for someone special in your life today.

    Sir Hughy,
    Oh, thanks for sharing your special moments with us. I wish you many more years of joy and wonder.

    Someone get Jill some smelling salts.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. How special, Pat! I'd say he's a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting Rox.
    Yes, I'm going to keep him. I had my chance to get rid of him and I blew it. Thank God.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie, Pat! Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Penny,
    Hi Reese,
    Thanks for popping in. Yes, my honey has his moments.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Write for Love Inspired Romance?

Write for Love Inspired Romance?
If you do and would like to join this blog, please contact either Margaret Daley or Pamela Tracy

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive